Client Interaction Policies
Finances: fees, gift certificates, tips
- Payment is due in full at the time of service.
- Cash and credit or debit cards accepted.
- A $25.00 fee will be charged for any returned checks.
Cancellation and lateness
- If the client is unable to make the scheduled appointment, provide 24 hours’ notice.
- Full service is not guaranteed for late arrivals.
- The session will be terminated if the client is discovered to be under the influence of a mind-altering substance.
Inappropriate client behavior
- Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated and will be viewed as solicitation and reported to the proper authorities. The client will not be rescheduled.
- The client will come to the massage therapy appointment clean. The client will inform the massage therapist of any breaks in the skin and these area will be avoided.
Ambiance: noise, children, food and beverages
- Noise must be kept at normal talking level.
- Children under 16 are not permitted in the area.
- It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken.
- The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
Scope of practice
- Massage therapist knows local and state regulations.
- Massage therapist does not diagnose.
- Massage therapist suggests, but does not prescribe.
- Massage therapist does not interfere with or contradict a doctor’s recommendation or prescriptions.
- Massage therapist does not enter into any additional relationship with the client.